Friday, October 29, 2010

My Very Favoritest Pair

My sun glasses. My favorite sunglasses suddenly bit the dust the other day.

I am sad. My very favoritest (I know, not really word, but let's go with it...) pair that took me forever to find (at Target) and the same pair that traveled to Russia with me when I met Songbird.

Broken. Not fixable. Boo.

Just to give you a little history on me and sunglasses...I have one pair that I LOVED and wore forever that I got on sale. They were Fossil and they were perfect in every way for me...AND they were plum color! I'm not kidding when I say I bought them when I was 17years old and wore them until I was 25.

Yes, yes I did.

I would probably still be wearing them had they not fallen off my head, while I was carrying my huge baby in his carrier to the car, and crashed to the garage floor. They stayed intact just fine, but the lenses were all scratched up. Boo.

SO, I went to my old stand-by ones. Ya know, that extra pair one stashes in case of such things. Ones I bought for a ridiculous $4 when I was the ripe old age of 14. Oh yes, I still had those and wore those until about two years ago.

It sometimes is a little embarrassing...especially when people comment and want to know where I got them...

How to you tell people you've had them over 10 (plus, plus, plus) years and when you do tell them such a thing, guess what?! They look at you like you're a little silly...OR they think it's awesome...

Yeah, Oh well....

So, clearly, when I needed to go in search of new sunglasses, this next pair had to have some serious wow effect with me. Okay, really, comfy. I need comfy and something that helps when evil migraines occur.

Also? I seem to do best with the not really expensive brands, because I am certain! certain, that I would lose or sit on them or something within three seconds. Because, did you read? $4...and lasted almost forever.

SO, when my son saw my broken sunglasses on the kitchen counter, he picked them up, gave me a "oh mom, so sad"face and then said, "I will take a look at them and see if I can fix them for you, mom!".

Ack! I love that kid. He truly gets the importance of mom's sunglasses. Which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not....

However, this weekend I will go in search of another pair of sunglasses. And when I find them, I am getting TWO pair, because it seems that they only last a year with me now instead of over a decade....

Do you have a favorite pair of sunglasses that have lasted way longer than expected? Surely I cannot be the only one...

No comments:

Post a Comment