Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Little Whimsy

A new item has arrived in the Little Bird shop...

They are Pretty Rosette Pincushion Rings!



I was in my sewing room not too long ago, staring at the many pieces of felt I have hanging about. I was trying to think of some more fun ways to use up these lovely pieces. At the same time, I also have this terrible habit when I sew, of holding the pins in my mouth (I know, sounds gross, but it's more dangerous than gross) and the idea suddenly came to me....I needed a pretty pincushion that was as fun as it was functional!

I mean, I have a pin holder and it's wonderful. But, I really needed something that was going to be able to move about with me. It is also SUPER handy for craft nights and, honestly, just fun to wear in general.

SO, along came the idea and design and the Pretty Rosette Pincushion Ring. I have been using mine for a couple weeks now, ya know, to really make sure it was super functional as well as just fun and pretty......and ya know what?! I have no clue how I worked before without it! Seriously, I've almost (for real!) kicked the habit of the pin in the mouth deal. Okay, held the pin between my lips thing....whatever one wants to call it....

They are fun, they are functional and they make a great and whimsical gift for the crafter in your life!

More colors are to come, but for now you can find a few Pretty Rosettes over in the SHOP!

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is like, two months old, but I'm new to your blog :) I think this is such a cute idea! I do the whole "hold the pins in my mouth" thing too. I've had a really bad cough and I thought the other night, what if I cough and inhale one of these suckers?!

    ReplyDelete