Friday, March 28, 2008

Ooh! A Meme!

A meme for me! It's been a while since I have done one of these. The fabulous MommyBrain tagged me. If you have not *met* her, you must go check out her blog. She's great.

K, so here are the rules:

Rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Alrighty, so seven things about me......

1. I am turning 30 this year. Is there much more to say about that? I think not. For now. Although, my MIL says it was a great decade.

2. I LOVE chocolate. Dark choc. specifically.

3. I ate peanut butter& jelly sandwiches EVERY day for lunch in elementary school. Actually, it was grape jam. I don't really like jelly. Jam for me. If my mom tried to give me anything else (like an egg salad sandwich) I would refuse to eat my lunch. Really. I would just eat the banana or apple that came along in my lunch box and call it a day.

4. I have one sister ( my big sis, who is also a great friend...now that we're all grown up) who has gorgeous auburn hair and green eyes. I am a brunette with dark eyes. How did that happen?! We look nothing alike, but sound so much alike that even our mom sometimes has a difficult time telling us a part on the phone. Thank goodness for caller ID! Although it was pretty fun when we were both still living at home and our boyfriends (now husbands) would call. Our kids however, are NEVER fooled. They know their mommy's voice.

5. I like coffee. a lot. I also like tea. a lot.

6. Growing up my favorite color for most of my life has been purple. More like aubergine ( like plum). I made my prom dress in that color. However, there is not a single color of purple in my home decor. How odd is that? My in-laws thought for sure that our wedding registry would be full of all things purple. Nope. Instead, there was more green than anything. Which is funny now, being that my son's favorite color is green.

7. Obviously, I like doing fun crafty things and sewing. I have designed and made things for as long as I can remember. However, I didn't with my own wedding dress and have always regretted not doing so. Not that I didn't like mine, I loved it. Just one of those things I really wanted to do and allowed myself to be influenced otherwise. It's a lesson learned. BUT, I am still madly in-love with my husband after almost 8 years! So, no regrets there. :)

K, so those are my seven things.....now who to TAG???

I am gonna tag:

1.Stephanie over at A Little Moore
2. Erin over at The Vintage Pearl
3.Steph over at MoonPie Designs
4. Andrea over at Baby Mulholland
5.Val over at It's me, Val
6. Melissa over here
7. Mary over here.

That was fun. If I didn't tag you, but you would still like to join the fun, well, please do! Leave a comment so I can come for a visit to your meme!

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping over at my blog and visiting with me. It is very nice to meet you. I am with ya on the drinking coffee. I do LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for tagging me! I promise to do this. I may do it with photos . . . but I'll get to it. Fun reading your 7 things. Thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaime,

    Sorry it took me so long to get over here.

    You wont' believe it but this s one of the memes I'm already tagged on...*LOL*...so I will do it and link to you and my other bloggy friend.

    I just love coming here and seeing your little bird. :)

    Melissa~
    Pink Paper Peppermints

    ReplyDelete