Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Woof! Woof!

After I had been out running some errands pretty much all morning and then picked up the monkey boy from pre-school, I came home to find this sweet pooch...



Not where she was supposed to be! She was in the house, not in her crate. Yes, I am one of those owners who crates their puppers while out. I know there are some that do and some that don't, we do. Apparently I forgot to latch the door. Oops. I would be perfectly happy to leave her out to lounge in the house, but it's safer for her not to be. I am telling you, behind those striking blue eyes, there is plenty of mischief to be had. Plenty. Like when you go to clear the dishes from the the table and turn around to get what leftovers there might be and nothings there because it's already been gotten to and in her tummy before you can even blink! And she's so quiet about it, that you'd never know unless you caught her in the act or see remnants on her fur. And it's not just food she can get into. She gets into things you'd NEVER think a dog would go after. Like, one night we were all settled in and suddenly we hear this loud Crunch, Crunch! And I ran out to see what was up and she had gotten hold of my old camera! My camera! Thankfully, it was no longer in use and just being played with by my son. (really old dinky one from highschool)Unfortunately then his pretend camera was no longer. There have been other times she decides she wants to "play" with the monkey boy's toys. As in, takes the bin right off the shelf! I am pretty sure she could open the door is she was allowed enough time to try and figure the knob out. She has opened cabinet doors before. Thankfully most of them that contain anything that could be harmful to her have child lock things on them. Sheesh.

Whats really funny, these are rare moments, but they do happen and when you least expect it. Otherwise she is a sweet, loving an playful dog that we simply adore. Very good with our kiddo and others kiddos. But, being a husky she can get bored if not entertained enough for whatever reason. However, she gets plenty of attention from us and very much from her boy (otherwise known as my son). Its great when they are running in the backyard together. Hilarious even.

Gotta love dogs! Anyone else got some crazy things their pets do?

4 comments:

  1. We used to have a Dalmantion who could open the front door if it wasn't locked. It was so funny because for a while we couldn't figure out how the door was always opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through your comment! I will add you to my list. I need to go shop in your etsy store some more!!
    Steph

    ps You are incredibly crafty- I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness! We crate ours, too. She's a wee little puppers but can get into so much mischief. She really likes chewing up Little People; her favorite was the Baby Jesus from the LP Nativity. Yeah, just not the same after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camera??! That is so funny!
    Poor baby, she probably just wanted to snap a pic of her favorite bone!

    M~
    Pink Paper Peppermints

    ReplyDelete