Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Weather

Okay, so not that I don't have things to blog about, I do! However, laundry is calling to me (oy!) and I must go finish it or it will overflow out the laundry room into the hallway and then trip me as I try to pass. Not very pleasant. What is pleasant is the weather today! Wow! Yesterday was kinda humid and a ridiculous 80-something degrees...in February! Then, early this morning it was like 40-something and now has warmed to a pleasant 60-something. I am sure those in colder climates that might be reading this are cursing me right now (please don't hate), however, come July and August (even May sometimes) it will be a hot and humid 100plus degrees for a really, really long time. Weather here is odd, mild mostly, but can be really odd. Like an ice storm can hit in November and then be in the 80's for Christmas and then snow on Valentines day (yes that all actually happened in ONE year here). Or, 95 in May only to have a freak cool front in June and be in the 70's. I know, crazy. Thankfully, no ice storms have hit this year. There are two common saying here: one being "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it'll change", the other being (for those that visit in May/June) "if you think it's hot now, wait until August!".

Okay, enough boring talk about the weather...... tell me, what are some crazy sayings where you are? It doesn't have to be weather related or anything like that...unless you want it to be.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment