Thursday, May 19, 2011

Adoption Auction

:::UPDATE::: We traveled in late May and are still collecting items for the auction. Hoping to have it up SOON!:::

Okay....so, here we have it. Facing the unknown once again and starting back at square one. We are soon to travel on our second trip to Eastern Europe, but it will be a like a trip one all over again.

::if you're new here and interested in the auction and would like to know more about our story, check our our adoption blog over HERE::

It's hard. And, at the same time I have hope. There is a glimmer. There is a child there waiting for us. And all the while, this has been the most difficult journey of our lives. To experience such loss and at the same time such hope...not sure how to really put it into words. I don't think I can.

What I can do is put an auction together. And I want to say a HUGE Thank You to those of you who've offered items to donate to our auction. You have no idea how much this means to us. An unplanned third trip is not exactly what we EVER thought would be happening.

With this unplanned trip comes many unplanned adoption expenses. Mainly travel. Travel is a giant chunk of the adoption expenses. This is where the adoption auction comes in!

We are planning to have the auction up and running by late June/early July. If you are wanting to donate an item or gift certificate (or the like), please let us know! You can email me at Jaime(at)littlebirdcreations(dot)com.

We have some great items donated so far, so I am really looking forward to getting this up and running!

Please help us spread the word about it! The auction will be set up on this blog.

THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your adoption story & would love to help out with the auction if you need more donations.
    I have an etsy shop & can donate!
    My shop is called Daylight Designs: www.mlarson17.etsy.com
    (I design photo cards, birth announcements, party & shower invites)
    Blog: http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete