Monday, August 24, 2009

A Little Quiet

It's been a little quiet around here lately. Not much blogging going on, but plenty of family time. It's what this Summer has been about for me.

Not as much sewing happening. Just some occasional crafting, mainly for family and friends and fun times. Plenty of swimming and just hanging out.

Tomorrow though, that all changes. Tomorrow my (currently) one and only heads to his first day of Kindergarten. Am I ready for this? Not really. Not as much as I thought I would be. He is though. He is so excited! He's met and likes his teacher, met some other kids in class and is just so ready.

I, on the other hand, am going to have a pretty quiet house. I know it was last year too when he was at Pre-K, but this year is different. Big kid school is longer. Two hours more in fact.

It's been an awesome Summer. He's quite the little companion. I am going to miss him. Yet, I am excited for him. His excitement is a little contagious. It's not really going to hit me until Thursday though. My incredible husband has taken the day off to be with us tomorrow. To take our son to his first day of school. Then we will get to spend some time together as just mom and dad.

Then Wednesday my sister is coming over for some *gasp* sewing. For those that don't know, my sister and I are total opposites when it comes to crafting and sewing. As a matter of fact, she saw my two bags of poly-fill and suggested I garage sale it. Because "seriously, who needs two bags Jaime?! And all this fabric? You could get rid of some..." Yeah, we are not the same. But I do love her! She'll learn....

Anyhoo, so I will be fairly distracted for the first two days of school. Then Thursday it will just be me. And I know it will hit. It will hit me hard and I am pretty certain I will not know what to do with myself. Then, I will snap to and be fine, yes?!

I am so excited to see the boy my son is becoming, but oh how I miss those chubby little fingers and toes and the snuggly squishy-ness that babies are. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. The seasons truly are short. Too short. I try my best to savor every moment of these seasons. To just soak them up and enjoy every single second I can before they are gone.

I know it's a transition for any mom and her first going off to school. But for me, he's not just my first, he's my only. Little brother or sister will be here soon and then there will be plenty to keep me busy. There is still plenty now. Just not what I want to do. I would much rather be loving on my littles than dusting or folding laundry. But alas, housework cannot be put off forever.

So, if it's a little quiet the rest of the week here, I promise I will be back. I have lots to share about, but right now, I want to enjoy our last day of Summer Break before the rush of tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment