Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Some cooking, some not

I decided to try this new recipe I came upon for a "healthy" alternative to chicken tenders and fries. Sadly, I did not take any pictures of the results....they went way to fast! The fries did not turn out quite how I thought they would, but the were still good. I think I would make them crispier next time since I don't think I baked 'em long enough. Oh well. I also have to say, an easy short cut to the almond coating for the chicken is simply using almond flour. I did the whole sliced almond in the blender ( I regret that I do not have a food processor...yet) and it didn't work out so well for me. It was all blended well together, except there were still nice bits of almonds left. No matter, I used the mix anyway and threw in some almond flour to try and make up for the lack of ground almonds. I was slightly concerned that my son would see the nice chunks of almonds and make that awful face that makes a mom wonder why in the world did she just slaved over this meal (ya know the one, right?). However, he totally didn't even notice them and gobbled the things down like there was no tomorrow! Whew. SO, for next time I think I am gonna just use the almond meal/flour deal and not even bother with the blender/food processor part. I love almond flour, I really do. SO good and healthy for so many different things! Anyone else use it or have any good recipes they like with it? Please do tell!

Also, just a reminder..leave a comment by January 31st and you will be entered into a drawing for 20% off your next purchase in my Etsy store! I will do the drawing and post the winner Friday morning. Shop update to happen this Friday afternoon! I will post the actual time later this week.

Happy Tuesday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment