Monday, January 14, 2008

Pretty Butterflies


This is a little something I have been working on the last couple weeks. It's actually a birthday gift for my mom-in-law (no peaking or telling if you are related to me by marriage and reading this!). I thought it would be fun to take some colorings that my son drew just special for his Nana and hand embroider them on some tea towels. He chose to do butterflies. He originally wanted to make her butterfly wings (ya know like little girl fairy type wings) for her because as he put it, "Nana likes butterflies and she could pretend to be one!". I have to admit, the thought of my dear, sweet mom-in-law dancing around in butterfly wings gave me a chuckle. I thought his thinking was very sweet though since after all, she does like butterflies! Isn't it funny how kids think?
Anyway, this gift is running a little late. Her birthday was the 7th! I better get back to working on it....

Happy Monday to you!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet idea! I saw this somewhere else too. But it was on a table cloth and the mom had everyone write their names & then she embroidered over them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete