Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Closet Thinking

It's been in my mind for a while...changing things up. Perhaps converting a closet?

I have a dedicated sewing/craft room. The thought of giving it up and giving it to my kids...well, some might think I've lost my mind! But, more often than not, my kiddo (and kiddo to be most likely will too) come in and sit and craft along while I am working. Or chat or talk or color/build/design....and the like. Right along side me and I love it.

However, I have a whole room. I love it. It's mine....my special space that I can dream and design and sew and create in.

But, changes are coming. And I've been thinking about this for a while. Thinking about converting the closet in said sewing/craft studio into the craft/sewing studio itself. Doing so would make more 'hang out' space for kids. Also? It could double as a play room/craft space of their own. I also like the idea that I could shut the doors of my sewing/craft studio, lock it and enjoy the rest of the space hangin' out with my kids! :)

I checked around internet world (mainly pinterest) and stumbled upon some very creative and lovely spaces.



love the colors in this one. Not sure how best used the space is though.


Source: bhg.com via Jaime on Pinterest

this one is nice too...



very creative and good use of all the space!


Source: bhg.com via Jaime on Pinterest

Okay...this is really fun. Too bad I don't have an armoire I could do this with.



Loving this one and the great use of space!



I'm thinking this one has to be my fave with the colors. Maybe a little more storage like the one above it though and it might just be the one! ;)

I know I have a lot (LOT) of purging and reorganizing to do to make this happen. That is, IF I decide to take the plunge. I know my kid(s) would love it. I'm thinking I would too.

It's gonna take some time....I'll let ya know if I go for it and pics along the way of the transformation.

Do you have a dedicated craft space? If not, does your dream room (or closet) look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment