Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Non-Wishlist Wednesday

Wow, I took a little bloggy break and totally didn't mean for it to end up being two weeks! But, sometimes one has to take a breather.

Things have been so crazy about behind the scenes here. With our international adoption in the works and all, there just isn't always enough time to sit down and complete a blog post! In addition to our adoption, it's Summertime! Which means lots of fun family things going about and precious time I must spend with my son. That I want to spend with my son. Life is short and so is Summer....and childhood. I wouldn't miss these moments for anything.

I had all these grand plans of getting my Etsy Shop back open by June and putting some new and fun things in there. Thinking Summer would allow for a little flexibility....haha! What was I thinking?!

Now, it's July! My baby (baby?!) is about to turn six years old. I love it and am sad about it all at the same time. Sad that he no longer fits in my lap when snuggling, but loving the boy he is becoming. He is such a blessing from God. I cannot imagine our lives without him! And God knew he was the child to be with us. He is so excited as well about this adoption. He has an understanding about it that blows our minds sometimes. Maybe it's because we have explained about it since he was so little. Who knows, but he gets it and thinks it's completely normal to grow a family this way.

Just the other day while in the car he said, "I can't wait to have a sibling.....I just can't wait to know who they are!". In his own little way he has been processing this whole adoption journey. I actually wrote a post about it over on our adoption blog. It's not just us going through it, but our family.

It's an amazing, albeit tough, journey.

Have I shared our adoption blog with you? I know I have tweeted about it ( I seem to tweet more than blog these days...). If you are not following me over there yet, take a moment to if you want to see what I am up to other than just this here blog.

Anyhoo, here is our adoption blog if you'd like to check it out!

Here to There

There's the welcome page as well as other areas, so check 'em all out! And let us know you've been there by leaving a comment or two!

Oh, and check back here later this week for a fun and simple weekend project I conquered a couple weekends ago! Simple and fun...can't wait to share.

Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment