Monday, January 5, 2009

Lemony Chickpea and Rosemary Soup...Delish!

SO, before I hop back into creating and sewing....I thought I'd try my hand at some soup making. It's been a rather odd Fall and Winter here, with temps swinging low and high rather quickly. Like, just this past Saturday, we had a record high in the 80's (yes, the 80's!!!), then a cold front swept through and highs Sunday were around 60's. Then, today it's not getting out of the 30's...but wait! (I sound like one of those infomercials..) tomorrow it will be back in the mid 60's. These are no small temperature changes folks. Crazy. So, just as I am able to get in the mood for some soup, instead of a glass of iced tea, the weather is changing....again.

Anyhoo, so soup. I wanted to make some soup. I was thinking some minestrone soup would be tasty, but then I happened upon This blog with THIS recipe. I had all ingredients on hand, so why not?! Sounds delish.

It calls for peeled chickpeas. Now, one to have never done this before, I thought it might not be too difficult. Apparently, I was mistaken. Okay, really, it's not that difficult. After about the twentieth one or so, I found my rhythm with it. Although, it was more time consuming than I was willing to take on, and while I was standing there peeling, I was thinking about all the cleaning I very much needed to get done.....like the bathrooms. Then, I thought this peeling really wasn't so bad after all. Yeah, anything to avoid housework apparently....

However, I obviously didn't have the patience for any more peeling today and I now have soup with half peeled and have not so peeled chickpeas. I am sure it will be just fine. Yes, I sure am.






And it is. It's yummy! Creamy delish, lemony goodness! Now, I am going to go finish enjoying my soup. If you make some, let me know how you liked it or if you made any tasty changes to it.

Meanwhile, more craftyness to be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment