Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In The Works

Things being collaborated on with the Monkey Boy:



A robot backpack to be made from the robot drawing above by the now five year old. He has some pretty specific requests for it too. I used to be able to just say, "hey Jake, how 'bout we make a dino back pack?!"He would agree and we'd pick out some fabric for it. However, I should note he has always had a color preference of green. As long as it has that color in it, it's all good. Which I have to laugh a little because this specific robot pack is "required" to have a "green zipper for his mouth mom". Mom? What happened to Mama?!



This is about as far as I have gotten so far. Without a pattern, it's been fun to try and make one based on his picture. Don't laugh, but I actually used my new laptop for measurement of the finished product. Seriously. When I tried it up next to him, it turned out to be the perfect size! So, I based the pattern on that.

Hey, it works for me. More pics to come when it's finished.

1 comment: